PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Getting an FAA PPL(A) and self fly hire on helis in Kissimmee, Florida ???
Old 13th May 2007, 04:08
Aer Maritz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello soCal App
Thanks to you and Flying Dutch for your responses.
As I stated my (A) licence has lapsed and to return to Ireland to re-validate it would require more effort than it is worth, as I don't expect to fly fixed wing on a commercial basis again.
What I am loking for is a simple PPL (A) so I can take my son flying at the weekend and I thought that as I will be in Florida for a month it would be an opportunity to do some flying I can take him flying in a helicopter anytime bit I would like to show him that aeroplane pilots are real people, if not as skilled as helicopter drivers
I did have a temporary FAA CPL (H) in the early 90's but it has gone AWOL over the years!
If I could get a PPL in Florida, I could then validate it here in Dubai and rent locally as well as doing the same in Ireland and England.
However, as things stand in the US with the restrictions imposed on non-US citizens for flight training, I think i will leave have it and go down the local route here when I have the time.
It is a shame as I remember how easy it was to walk into the local FAA in 1992, get a cert and be airborne in under an hour
What to do!