PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ryanairs management
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2007, 10:56
SpannerInTheWerks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yet another Thread about the woes at Ryanair.

If it's that bad, don't just moan and winge, do something about it!

O'Leary walks all over you because he's a hard nut and, unfortunately, you are just a load of ineffective employees who gas and gossip.

If the pilot workforce don't change the habits of a lifetime and harden up to O'Leary and his people, then the ineffective moaning will continue and profits will rise.

Hit him where it hurts in his back pocket.

Implement strike action. All resign! Something exceptional and unpresidented. Something that will make him sit up and beg.

The immortal lines: A horse, a horse, my Kingdom for a horse! could then be revised to: A pilot, a pilot, my Ryanair for a pilot!

Just a dream I'm afraid. You haven't got the bottle. Mike O'Leary has, that's the not so subtle difference. That's why he's running an airline and making a fortune for himself in the process. The pilots are just moaning and earning him a living. Whether you like O'Leary or not I for one have never seen him moaning. Just changing things, surviving, being successful. Time he shared a bit of that with you. YOU WILL HAVE TO FIGHT HARD. Why do men and women who the public see as heros and steely-eyed knights of the sky act as cowards when it comes to their own wellbeing? It's a pilot trait I find hard to understand.

Anyone want to bet me there'll be another Thread next year at this time entltled: 'Ryanair terms and conditions III' or maybe 'Ryanair management walk all over us again: the sequel'?!

I have always put my money where my mouth is. No grey areas, never mind the wife and child, if you don't like something don't moan, change things or leave. Something will always turn up.

O'Leary once said he foresaw the future of the low-cost air travel being dominated by one player, Ryanair. He accepted that easyJet may also survive.

Maybe if you take action O'Leary would eat his words and easyJet will be the survivor. The market is proven, someone will have to service it. Jobs will always be there for you. Bite the bullet. Be the heros the public imagines you to be.

Ryanair could be successful and a great place to work. The problem with the management is that it treats its workforce as suppliers, not people. Contract working for pilots can't help the situation either, because technically they are 'suppliers' not 'employees'.

Sir Richard Branson states on his website 'the people who make up Virgin Atlantic make Virgin Atlantic'.
O'Leary would state: 'the people who make up Ryanair make me!'.
easyJet seem to have changed their attitude back to how it was in the days of Stelios. Virgin extol the virtues of a happy workforce. It's all basic stuff.

Successful, not greedy. That's the difference.

SITW

Last edited by SpannerInTheWerks; 12th May 2007 at 13:55.