PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Class 2 Renewal
Thread: Class 2 Renewal
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2007, 19:30
Vince Noir's IFR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Class 2 Renewal

Ok so I was issued my Class 2 in Feb 2000 (age 17) and I completed my PPL in 2002, I’m now off to revalidate my PPL before it completely expires in July this year (after being at uni and away since 02)… but as I have just found, looking through all the Medical Forms from the Class 2, I should have been for a follow up renewal in Feb 2005 to stay current. Does this mean I will have to do the whole medical again from scratch, or simply the renewal criteria of the General Examination only?

For one reason or another (no need to go into at this point) I was under the impression that my Medical was current, so upon digging it out before my onward journey out to FL I was taken aback by my discovery as this only allows me one week to get this situation sorted.

So does anyone know whether I have to start from scratch, or I just have to go through the renewal criteria? And (living and working at Gatwick), is it possible to get done within a week? Obviously i will be on the phone to the CAA on Monday asap, but i would greatly appreciate anyones input at this point due to the somewhat urgent nature of the problem.

Thank you in advance and happy landings!

VN