PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Current Gulf Air issues (threads merged)
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2007, 08:58
scanscanscan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The GDN report on GF also refers to " Laughter being the best medicine"......
and healthy for you.....I expect healthy Mr Hogan is laughing all the way to his bank...and goood luck to him...as he goes back for seconds in Auh...could MCT be next...then off to India?
Should one laugh or cry at the many many times GF gets screwed over again and again in every department over the years?...probably laughter is more healthy.
Tomorrow happily is the retired on (no Gf pension) expat crews reunion in London....the crews who served Gf well from 1974 to 2002ish on the F27/B737/L1011/and Airbus fleets...pity if their one free (husband+wife) retirement ticket after 20years service has now been scrapped.....and they now use Ryanair with 100% less hassle for retirement travel.
These crews made huge efforts 1974 to 2000... like you have done since the crash... and some stayed loyal and waited for things to get better....for most who stayed it never did....the only advantage I found was long term expat tax status for some nationalities as their investment income often became equal to or sometimes double their Gf salery....secure their Gf employment effort fell off as they aged and the reality..... that things would in fact never get better at GF for crews struck....despite having flown through two wars...flown on days off...given up leave... etc etc Gf employment became secondary to their portfolio management....as things would never get better at GF.
The crash was well talked up as an inevitable outcome of managers actions and several trainers and pilots did not hang around to see it happen.
I reallyhope it all works out for you crews who have made huge efforts like we did for GF.
I appreciate the efforts you have all made since the crash to keep the GF show afloat..and I hope you all stay as lucky as I did.
Incidentaly I do not know any pilot in my 26years at GF who moved or was removed from GF who regretted it 3 years on.