PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Blackpool - the beginning of the end for GA?
Old 11th May 2007, 07:22
A and C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What a nasty little airport !

I used Blackpool last year on the way to the IoM TT and the place was a haven for the jobsworths with a lot of "you cant do that" from half witts at security.
The other visit was in a B738, they kept us wainting on the taxiway for over an hour due to lack of stands at the terminal, the pushback crews nearly put two of the out going aircraft on the grass and clearly had not had any trainning worth talking about, eventualy when I felt I had to park the aircraft across two stands so that I can taxi out because I feel that I can't trust the pushback crews with a very new B738.
When I get parked I find that the reason for the ramp congestion is an A320 that was damaged in a ground inccident that was awaiting the engineers to fix it !
The whole input by the airport authority was "micky mouse" to say the least and from the two visits to Blackpool that I have made I dont think that the management are fit to run the donkey rides on the beach.
The only up side was ATC who are very much with the program ! I felt very sorry for the guy in the tower who was clearly very unhappy with the way that the ramp was being run and having to hold us on the taxiway for so long.
The conclusion that I have come to is that the airport management are out of there depth with this "international airport" thing and can't cope. Letts all hope that the airlines give the place a miss and GA returns dispite the managements "international airport" status.