PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2007, 03:17
PAJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The last test is without a doubt a toughie!! best thing to do is break it down - its a capacity test in itself to be able to prioritise multiple tasks at once whilst still being able to actually do them. The best advice I can give is focus on the deviation indicator first. Keep this as centralised as possible at all times. Then bring the number sequencing in - memorising the sequencing might help but anyone who has the mental artithmetic standard CTC are looking for can count down through the sequencing. Work out what the next number should be before the computer tells you so you can match it. it's only when the number changes when you have to divert your attention completely to make sure you have the correct new numeric interval. This is where prioritisation comes in - you can always find the centre on the deviation indicator again, and you can just take the next shape as it comes, but once you lose the sequence once, that pretty much it - lose it early and you're outta there!!

The shapes are a peripheral vision thing - listen to what the computer tells you and first compare colours - you brain processes colours easier than shapes. If the colours match, then divert your attention to see whether the shapes match - if so, find the number and enter it!

There's no point anyone saying this is easy - FTE do PILAPT but do not include this test as far as I know because it goes beyond the standards they look for. I was fortunate to do well in this one (properly cocked up the hands though - only got 4 on that!!!) as my feedback said I stayed in the upper band for all parts of the exercise. Can't remember exactly but I think I got 10 hits and 4 misses. Don't hold me to that tho! Good luck those who have it though - its absolutely amazing over here and worth the struggle!