PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod Information
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2007, 20:50
Tappers Dad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fistly may I remind some of you of an earlier posting on
Kinloss whats going on
28th March 2007, 09:23 #8 Tappers Dad vbmenu_register("postmenu_3202898", true);
Instead of being 'just another number' I could order a Personal Title and help support PPRuNe

Whats going on ?
Whats going on is the same if not worse that has been going on for the last couple of years. 30+year old aircraft being patched up and sent up !!
No thought given to the morale of the crews. If we as a family didn't get offered counselling after the Nimrod explosion 2nd September , then you can bet no one at the base did either. My son Ben loved every minute he was in the RAF but he would not have wanted to die due to a technical fault. And I know its not an isolated incident ,they are happening every day. The blue suits at Kinloss need to tell the MOD to get there fingers out and say ,Enough is Enough we are not puttting up with it any more . Spend some money get the manpower Get it sorted. You guys deserve better, than this. This government are bringing the services to its knees.

Hopefully it is plain to see I am not knocking any aircrew or ground crew at ISk. The opposite is true "You guys deserve better, than this. This government are bringing the services to its knees."

Secondly if you look back in all of my posting I don't think you will find I have said I don't have an faith in the BOI. They will I am sure do a first class job. However it doesn't stop there,
I believe they willl say no more than the families have already been told but in more technical terms.

As you are aware all aircraft were grounded following the crash for a number of days. How did they know what to check if they had no idea what happened.They didn't check the whole fleet out end to end they were looking at certain areas.
This whole thread is about how the crash and the long wait for the BOI has effected morale and "concerns among air force personnel about a range of issues concerning the Nimrod aircraft and the fleet"

There are rumours I have heard I will not post on here and I will wait for the BOI to confim or disprove them.