PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Scattering Ashes?
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2007, 19:49
heliRoto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Done a bunch

I worked for a guy on Kauai Hawaii that did them regularly. B206 and AS350. Riged a plastic box and lid with a handle at the bottom and lid attached to the box with a short lanyard. Speed at least above ETL, all doors windows closed, except door or window used for drop. AC, vent blower on high, fresh air vent open. Do not sprinkle the ashes reach out as far and low as is possible and let them go. Brief the person dropping the ashes before you take off and again before you drop. Never had a problem. Something special, load a couple paper grocery bags with flowers and dump one then the ashes then the other. Fly an orbit and follow them down. If you have a CD or tape player ask them to bring some favorite music. I did one off the Napali coast at near sunset. 3 sisters buried their brother. They had some music and flowers and leis. They went out flowers, leis, ashes, flowers, and leis. I started at 1000 feet and flew circles to the ocean following the flowers. To date the most emotional thing I have been involved with. Good Luck

Last edited by heliRoto; 10th May 2007 at 19:57. Reason: add text