PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod Information
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2007, 17:37
fin1012

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TD
I totally sympathise with how you must be feeling, but at the risk of being flamed out of existence, it's probably worth bearing in mind 2 things:
Firstly the warning on the front page of this forum which says 'As these are anonymous forums the origins of the contributions may be opposite to what may be apparent. In fact the press may use it, or the unscrupulous, to elicit certain reactions.' and secondly that out of 45000 (ish) serving members of the Royal Air Force, only about 40 - 50 (and I'm being deliberately on the high side here to avoid claims of understating the number) regularly post here. That is a tiny tiny fraction of an overwhelmingly larger number who don't feel strongly enough about many of the topics here to post on them (although I suspect the majority like me like to view the threads occasionally to see what might be an issue in the future). Some of the postings I have seen here have been ill informed, hopefully unintentionally, but ill informed nonetheless.
I have been honoured to have been a member of the MR2 flying fraternity for over 20 years and knew and served with all of the aircrew on XV230. I really believe that the right thing to do is to wait and see what the BOI says and then question any bits that I either don't understand or don't agree with. Unlike many here, I do have faith in the BOI system - there have been hundreds over the years and I can only think of 2 or 3 out of all of those that (in my view) might have been questionable. I also know some of the people involved with this BOI and they are all good people who have worked extremely hard for very long hours - I refuse to believe that anyone wants to see the thousands of man hours wasted by producing a report that everyone disagrees with. My only worry is that they won't be able to gather enough evidence to come to any meaningful conclusions.
All the best to you and I hope you take this in the well meaning spirit in which it is intended.
Fin