PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tornado zapped doing 673mph by Police
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2007, 15:41
madcap1961

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tornado zapped doing 673mph by Police

I think this is the correct place to post this thread - if not please accept my apoligies.
Can anyone comment on the authentisity of the story below - I read it in a newspaper and I am not too sure if its true.
A local policemen in the Highlands having little to occupy his time, was delighted when given a new type speed camera to play with, however he soon became bored with his new toy after he struggled to top 20mph as he repeatedly leapt out on the village high street gun outstretched.
But before he could say "your nicked" a Tornado made a dramatic entrance to the scene with a steep turn up the loch, heading straight towards the village. Raising the gun he took aim and pulled the trigger. To his surprise the Tornado immediately vertical. Assuming coincidence he went back to the nick very pleased with his 673mph reading.
A later brief from the Police Divisonal HQ reported that an aircraft on routine excercise in the area had experienced a lock and the aircraft auto systems had put the aircraft into a full evasive manoeuvre. The pilot had been quite shaken but suffered no ill effects.