PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar's package and Working conditions
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2007, 11:38
popay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
QR 515, hi there. Nothing personal mate just facts. Just drawing public attention to the rules published. It's not something I've invented.
There's a discontent in logic and moral approach for some participants obviously in posting critical (true and not so true) information about the company causing a possible image damage and enjoying the benefits of employment of the same company at the same time. I'd applaud you if you were a journalist fighting for a liberalisation of QR and democratisation of Qatar bearing the consequences for your writing. Impunity makes sometimes people drifting away from the moral codex. The reasons for that have been listed above. Those are two different pairs of shoes freedom of speech and bitching, I hope you agree on that one. One thing, I agree upon, is that it doesn't improve the situation whatsoever on the contrary it only aggravates it. Having said that some people actually do derive benefits from pilot shortage by flying more and getting more, why not!? Finally if one feels like urgently needed to reveal the "TRUTH" it 'd be appropriate to become a journalist not a pilot. Again I don't agree with many thing happening here however it's a question of moral and ethical attitude regarding the information passing to the outside world with one exception only if the matter concerns and affects someone personally. In this case I'd say by all means use whatever media available to achieve the goal and that's what I suggest to A330-300 if he/she is serious about the claim. I think we should be a bit more prudent in dealing with sensitive information unless of course the aim is to scare the people away from QR and enjoy the benefits of controlled chaos.
I hope that's not a case. Again the absence of proper communication does cause the frictions.
Cheers.