PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA to make 5,800 redundent and cut 50a/c.
Old 14th Feb 2002, 06:27
Secret Squirrel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Plane*Jane,

You're wrong of course, but don't let that ruin your day. Longhaul at LGW wasn't shoring up shorthaul. Remind yourself to engage brain before openning mouth. Do the words creative accounting mean anything to you? Has the thought that a good proportion of those passengers who flew the LH came in on feeder flights, often, I might add, given the SH flight for free,crossed your mind? Between my Dad and myself, and spanning four years, we went once each to HK and Jakarta on BA from Barcelona and were given the Barcelona flights free. I suppose we could have been the only ones; what do you think? Many people here in Blighty (let alone EOG employees!) don't really know that this went on because, let's face it, how many of us lived abroad and had need to buy a LH ticket via London?

To the chap who thought that we at Ex-CFE might be less than happy at losing our 'beloved' RJ: That really depends on the consequences. It may be that those F/O's at BA bidding for early commands at EOG on the 737, or even a LH RH seat might be the ones who are going to be less than happy with the lack of positions available being as they have to put us somewhere.

I suppose they could put us on the dole queue - before someone else comes out with it! - but some senior bods have been asking for weeks now how long it would take to train the RJ crews onto the 737 so I don't think (also read hope) that that is their plan.

Still, 'Life is a box of chocolates' afterall.

[ 14 February 2002: Message edited by: Secret Squirrel ]

[ 14 February 2002: Message edited by: Secret Squirrel ]</p>