PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's with the fuel price?
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2007, 15:54
Chimbu chuckles

Grandpa Aerotart

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hmmm...I remember the 70s...I had a Hemi 265 Charger..no idea what milage it got...it just wasn't a consideration

Actually that car was one of life's dissappointments...bullet proof engine bolted to a stylish body...and that old "Hey Charger" add?

Well the only thing that ever gave me the old peace sign and mouthed "Hey Charger" as I swung around a bend was 9 year boys Never once a georgous, long haired 70s babe in Levis Which given I was going out with a long haired 70s babe that looked sensational in levis was probably a blessing in disguise

My younger brother had a Holden Sandman with a blue printed V8 and assorted air horns...I don't remember mileage being a great concern to him either. I do remember long weekends surfing/windsurfing all up and down the coast from our Sydney northern harbour home

Interesting fact...if they re-introduced leaded fuel milage would go up 10-15%...I am sure technology could come up with a better system to control emissions than catalitic converters.

Ethanol mixes reduce milage a like amount and costs more..WAY more. It takes 1.5 barrels of oil to produce a barrel of ethanol equivalent energy...and that energy takes us 20% less distance than the normal fuel, 30%+ less distance than leaded fuel. What is wrong with this picture

Ethanol is yet another truly stupid idea foisted on society by politicians captured by the environmental lobby.

These days I drive a diesel...cheep as chips (20 Oz cents a liter where I live) and as reliable as a wood burning stove. Modern diesel technology is the ultimate green fuel...but they tax it to death in Australia...idiots.

My last car in Oz had a V12