PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The "Crew Security" Thread (merged)
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2007, 20:45
Litebulbs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
llondel

In my opinion and only my opinion, it is not about safety, it is about getting detailed information of all of us, to be used to a lesser or greater extent by what authority is holding the information. The technology is out their to electronically record every person to a level that would be incredibly hard to duplicate. The second inspection would be the human interface, to just take a sample visual inspection. The old mark one eyes are generally very good at spotting things.
The vote is still out on how much the US authorities knew about 9/11 prior to it actually happening. When money and oil are in the equation, honesty and trust go out the window. Would the suffragette movement had the effect on todays times, if all the activists had been profiled and all their personal information been held by the state? We would all be still in the grafting in the mill house if union activists had to provide a retinal scan before logging into the sweat shop!
Still, it is mighty annoying in the morning getting caught behind a couple of crews getting all their kit checked when I am already late!!!
Another annoying thing is, that at LGW, all people passing though the security gates and Concorde House have to remove their shoes, to allow central search and the staff route by it, to only have a percentage of people remove their shoes! If you search 100% of staff through all other screening areas, you do not have to search as many passengers going through central search, and the route that most managers use to get airside!
The worlds gone mad!

Last edited by Litebulbs; 8th May 2007 at 21:14.