PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DHLAir wannabe? read this.
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2007, 19:35
Avenging Angel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SQP1, for Pete’s sake!
We’ve watched you shovel your hole deeper and deeper while responding disparagingly to everyone with an opposing viewpoint to yours (that's just about everyone I guess).
You put your baseless (the fact that you have not suffered an event is proof only that you have been lucky, like most of us) argument across with all the ferocity of, and sounding as well informed as, it has to be said, a schoolboy in short trousers. Those you berated treated you in turn with kid gloves (no pun intended) and (for the most part) a respect which you certainly didn’t ask for.

I finally decide that the least I can do for you is to let you know that your cloak of anonymity is full of holes (several us took no more than a couple of posts to work out who were, your profile so obviously shines through).

Sapco2, conciliatory gentleman as ever, even attempted to make excuses for you in his post.
In response you complain that this amounts to “we know where you live” type threats. ?????
What on earth is your problem? Can you not see when someone is trying to give you a hand out of the hole you are digging?

You have told people who ended up in hospital after a so called “fume event” that they are “drama queens.” Just because the really bad events are rare, thank goodness, how do you know for sure that we are not all collecting small doses of something nasty on a more progressive basis that will eventually shorten our lives? Surely that is why our new O.D. is taking the problem so seriously? Surely that is the reason there is a government funded investigation into the problem by the DfT under way right now?

I do not wish it on you to have to learn the hard way that the problem exists.

You have a long time to go in this business. You should be grateful to the people that speak out and try to improve conditions for all of us instead of behaving as you do. I will never understand where you are coming from.

However we all have to work together.

Sapco2 posted:
I believe your fellow first officers and the captains you fly with will have the good grace to respect your opposing opinion but in return, it would seem courteous for you to respect their right to report the facts as they know them, particularly since it is fair to assume that what is being said here can be substantiated by the individuals concerned.

Perhaps we can now call a truce!”

You really spotted a threat of some kind in there somewhere?

(BTW it is kind of ironic that out of a long list of items that is causing low morale here, you have done more than anyone else to highlight the problem you appear to least believe exists. Very ironic!)