PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BAConnect & Flybe
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2007, 18:46
Miss BACON

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Just to say I've been reading with great interest re: ex bacon/flybe thread. I'm one of the unfortunate Brs ex Bacon crew (or fortunate depending on which way you look at it!) and have just taken "voluntary redundancy." It was a very hard decision to make but my "gut feeling," especially after reading the latest postings on this site, was to take the money on offer and run like the wind! I do feel very fortunate that I was offered this option but this in no way makes up for the way we have all been treated, especially at Bristol.

I feel very let down by BA (ie Willie Walsh) and the management at Flybe. I was thinking about relocating to Exeter at one stage but I'm so glad I didn't...My rosters with Flybe have also been hideous, permanent s/b's or 4 day tours. One particular duty involved 6 sectors then positioning back from LGW. A taxi was provided rather than a hire car, I do hasten to add! How generous

I, personally, along with a lot of other crew from Brs have decided not to wait the 90 day consultation period and asked for early release as I wish to keep my sanity and my boyfriend! Being on permanent s/b was supposed to be acceptable? How can you plan anything?

We didn't know we had it so good when we were at Bacon. Never mind, all good things must come to an end I suppose. I will never moan about staying at the Thistle in Gla or airport s/b's ever again!

I really hope that things improve for everyone at Flybe. The sad thing is that the original Flybe crew probably have nothing better to compare their company to, and think that the way things are at the moment are "normal", but this definitely isn't how an airline should be run. It's a complete shambles.

Please let the bacon/flybe thread continue! It makes me realise that redundancy was the best option for me Good luck for the future