PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The "Crew Security" Thread (merged)
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2007, 16:46
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 35 Likes on 18 Posts
We nipped back in the doors and were gobsmacked to find the guys and girls in security happily tucking in to OUR lunch! (Guess what dressing I'm using in my sandwiches next time!) Then they wonder why we've all had enough! They seem to use the rules to suit themselves.

You were gobsmaked. Okay, that was an initial reaction. What did you do next?

I was going to say that it's easy for me to sit here and say what should be done....but it isn't. I get as mad as hell just reading this stuff. I can put my hand on my heart and say that firstly, those thieving bastards would not have got my food. Secondly, if I had come into the loop and seen them eating YOUR food, I would have caused mayhem. On a good day I would have called the police, on a bad day I would no doubt have got into a lot of trouble...but it would have been trouble that I was willing to see through to the end, be it high court or whatever.

You (all) have to DO something other than let off steam. As I said earlier, the airlines are not doing enough to stop this madness, so they must bear some of the cost of a protest.

It has to be at least a nation-wide effort. To be fair, you should give warning of the day on which this @#% is going to stop. I am bewildered by the ineffectual, meandering time-wasting by the unions and government bodies. Just what the blazes are they paid for?

Quote "I shall be taking essentials of course. Water and......." Emelia Earhart.