PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PNG Ples Bilong Tok Tok
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2007, 13:41
robroy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Torres to the near top of the class

Why not, He's now, not so Larpun, with his answer.

However, here we go.

Stoicheometric.

1. Of or pertaining to stoichiometry 2. ( of a compound ) containing its component elements in the exact proportions represented by its formula. 3.( of a mixture ) Yielding on complete reaction a stiochiometric compound.

From the DC-3 Manual.

( I glad I'm retired, I had to answer questions on this sort of stuff back in the 60's / 70's. The mind boggles at the sort of questions they could think of these days, with, glass, gps,auto land, quickies in blue lagoons, etc,etc.) Actually I remember some of the STUPID, questions I have been asked, whilst on the Boeings, Glass,and etc, just prior to my retirement. How do these Wankers, get there.

Here we go,

The proportion of fuel to air is vitally important and when discussing the subject, there are 3 factors to be considered. They are, power, tempertures, and economy.

The chemically correct fuel/air ratio to obtain complete combustion ( that is, when all the carbon, hydrogen and oxygen are consumed, leaving a residue of water vapour and carbon dioxide) is about 1-15 by weight for average fuels. But there are two features that preclude the use of, " Chemically Correct " mixture.

I think that's enough, but plenty to think about. If you would like me to continue, PM me, either for a personal answer or stick it back out here.

Torres, just what have you been sipping on all these years, seems to be, gut pela sumting.

Cheers, and Apinun Olgeta,

bel i-hot anis

robroy