PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The "Crew Security" Thread (merged)
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2007, 12:47
man.mong

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hi sorry for intruding on to your site, i am one the annoying security gaurds at manchester airport, i hope one of the friendlier ones there are some of us honest. most of the security staff at our level will agree with most of the rules been total rubbish but have to keep to them as d.f.t like tokeep an eye on us with thier many cameras.
As proffessional pilots you have a(or should have) more clout with the d.f.t perhaps you could find an answer to why babys bottles are allowed through when tasted by the parents and yet staff are not allowed bottled drinks even when prepared to taste them? also on the liquids testing points there are alot of products (innocent ones) which will a give a positive result when tested we are asked to avoid these things, surely the terrorists could easily enough find out which products these are and simply put there liquid explosives in such packaging. have tried to find out on these points myself but am deemed to unimportant. hope the others on security dont give you too much hassle and believe me most of us also think alot of the rules are stupid, as are the powers that constantly watch over us on c.ct.v