PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar's package and Working conditions
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2007, 12:24
Qatari515

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Packtwoinop,

I can see where you are coming from...really I can.

However there are some things where I can not really follow you. Myself, I am relatively happy here. And I am here longer than you are!

But what I see happening with the new joiners really goes against anything ANY of us should have to go through:

1) Ask the Korean FOs what they where promised when coming here. They litterally where promised 18 months to upgrade!! Why...because they had 3 years to go in Korean Airways for upgrade....Now we all know 3 years is tha absolute min to even be considered for an upgrade but still they lied.

2) They where told they would get a VILLA! Upon arrival here...sorry...only appartments in the QR Ghetto Musheirib, no matter if they have children or not.

3) They where promised a FULL medical coverage. One FO found out the hard way that pregnancies are NOT covered in our full policy!

4) Go and talk to the Brazillian chaps surviving with wives and kids in Musheirib, the so called TEMPORARY accomodation they are living in for the last 10 months!

5) The Air Madrid guys where officially promised a 25% salary increase when they went to the roadshow in Spain. OFFICIALLY! Nothing was announced then yet but hey, whoever did the interviews could not care less!

6) Talk to the new joiners who, upon arrival in Doha, where dropped (again) in Musheirib at two o clock in the morning. They where given the keys to their EMPTY appartment together with a plastic bag containing one bottle of water, a roll of toilet paper and a towel. Nice first impression of the city and company I would say!

7) talk to the British snr FO who, upon two years of struggle to keep his medical, finally was declared unfit to fly for good. He tried to get his LOL money as thats what hapend...he LOST his licence for good! Sorry...No money for you mate....Blablablabla....Finally he calls the end insurer who tells him that we DO NOT HAVE a LOL.we have a cheap life insurance that will pay 100000USD in case you die/loose an arm or a legg in an accident. Unfortunately no deseases are covered as they all qualify as pre-existing condition in one wy or another.
Mind you, this guy was with QR for almost 5 years, had been flying since decades without a problem.

8) talk to the senior TRE who had to emigrate to EK because he could not afford to put his 4 kids to school in Doha anymore. The guy was virtually bankrupt!

As I told you...I have been here many years and I am more or less happy. And as you can see as well, I havent even touched the subject of the salary by far.
So for you and me its too easy really...we have a house and we are settled down!

But I can understand why the relatively new guys whine and moan. They are being liedto and cheated, they fall from one dissappointement in the other but unfortunately for most of them there is NO WAY BACK as they have resigned basing their decision on the same lies!

Maybe its time you wake up and smell the roses mate....Because I can assure you, life is not as good as yours for MANY MANY of our new colleagues!