PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Send the whining QR pilot home
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2007, 23:22
Terry Wrist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
good beaches and boating
Have done the FULL circumnavigation, a FEW times, have not found a clean beach yet. Some west coast high tide lines are a full foot deep with rubbish.

Have been boating near Doha, the hoards of locals on jet skiis (like The Smokers from Waterworld) ruined the day for the women.

land to explore
Buy a map, this is a very small country and soon you will be dizzy. The Inland Sea is a nice place, but again locals ruin the atmosphere. Rubbish deliberately abandoned, cruisers screaming up and down the beach most nights. But test me. Go to sleep on the beach one night. You will wake up with Land Cruiser tatoos on your forehead. They wont slow down, and they dont give a damn about anyone else.

Is life in Doha really that crap? for families?
I never have and never will allow my children to venture out of the compound without me. Do you?? Hands up any pilot that allows his kids (under 10) to walk down the street alone??? And for the record, life in my compound is as crap as I ever hope to wallow.

Quality of life issues are always subjective and dependant on cultural history. For my family.... after considerable desert experience here; and inspite of the wonderful salary adjustment, I and my family really have had enough of Qatar.

But dont think for a second that after leaving this place the posts will stop.