PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Error reporting and safety psychology
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2001, 01:39
Droopy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Perhaps the most difficult requirement for this to work is to generate the trust from your potential reporters that their reports will be handled in a mature and reasonable way. It's well established that the true value of an incident reporting system is not just about the major occurrences but also about picking up the undesirable trends which, when combined with say a technical failure and a training deficit then result in an occurrence.
Probably the greatest edge that aviation reporting has is that it has been integral to the industry for so long. I have no knowledge of the medical profession but I am closely involved with reporting of flight safety matters in police air support - both pilots and officers - and it's been interesting to see how with regard to the latter only time has engendered sufficient trust from a profession which also suffers from blame and disciplinary proceedings being management's common response.
I can see the "verbose" high level warning light flashing now but feel free to email if you want to discuss it further.