PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - -Entering my last year- blues
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2007, 13:37
Double Back

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Last week I got an email includings pics of an Israeli 747 that overran the tow truck...the accompanying text, if true, is just appalling: it says its was the last flight of this captain.
Boy, do I have pity with this poor fellow, ending his career in this way. That scares me. And these things can happen in just one moment of inattention.
I might skip my last flight....

But all these answers, advises keep me thinking, I did not make up my mind yet. Plus I have someone else that has a say in my future to take into account...

Just came back from a 24h stopover in Houston, slept badly. On the return flight, fighting sleep, I wondered whether I like this to continue to do after retirement.

Btw, my flightcase, stowed in the back of the crewbus from the hotel to apt in IAH, was launched on the highway because the driver did not lock the door properly.
Contents got spread all over the highway, together with my copilot's bag.
My Notebook PC and cellphone are goners, Samsonite flightbag crushed. I just stay wary, no use in getting upset, it's just material stuff, but do I HATE these situations.
Now I have to reinstall all the software, and sh%t on a new PC, another week down the drain because of neglect from someone else. Brings nothing.

On the bright side, I just entered my "summer" holidays.
Am a big time model aviation flyer as well, coming weekend a large meet, I am really looking forward to it, makes me forget all this crap. Being amongst people I chose to be with, not directed to.

Next week in a C172 all the way to Spain, from Holland, preps give me a (pleasant) headache!

Maybe I just have no time enough to work after retirement ........