PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Risk Assessment in operation
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2007, 12:35
topendtorque

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1) Like every good argument we have the sublime;

Of course, in the UK the H&S Nazis would get you for working at height without edge protection, but let's not even go there..............”

In oz it’s anything over eight feet ~ thou shalt wear a safety harness ~ of course double decker road train drivers who are carrying very angry cattle cutely look forward to the day when they trip over their safety harness paraphernalia when they are walking on their twelve foot high catwalk and lob, suspended, upside down, in the midst of their cargo.

2) The ridiculous;

“as well as turning off the boost, thought of a procedure to ensure that the pilot does not try to take off with the controls still locked etc. But then again perhaps not!”

When y’get that procedure down pat, take out a patent it’ll be a beauty!!

3) The superbly ridiculous:

“I have recently witnessed a pilot leaving an aircraft running while he got out to fuel the aircraft while passengers were on board, not experienced passengers, tourists off on a sight seeing flight. To me, that is not acceptable because of the risk to the passengers.”

Nuff said, name rank and serial number and off to the bloody dungeons with that idiot!!

4) Then there’s the practical, logical and pragmatic;

“There's always gonna be conflicts between the guys who've always flown in a sheltered environment with strict rules about everything and the guys working in parts of the world where they are self-sufficient and are allowed to think for themselves.”

We’ve aired this a few times.

5) Lastly of course there’s the philosophical;

“You have to look at the big picture.”

Trucks or other vehicles that have springs and shock absorbers that are timed to automatically harmonise with brokeback helicopters, etc, etc, etc??????????????????????

Of course all I have to worry about is to whether I’ve lost a coat of paint!!