PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Indigo contact info
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2007, 12:32
DeltaSix

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys,

Let's get one thing straight and you have to realize this.
It doesn't matter where you get your type rating, be it SimCenter, Pan Am, CAE, Eagle Jet or Timbuktoo poodle flight center, it all comes down to your experience, qualification, performance in the flight test and interview that will determine your marketability.

These organisations are NOT the airline's aviation school. There is no way they can guarantee your employment so get that through your head to avoid disappointment. They can ONLY RECOMMEND YOU and the rest is up to you.
If that means you have priority is subject to the airline's interpretation and preference.

From what I've read in the website, it doesn't specify that you have to be with any one particular TRTO except they had a preferred one called CAE.
However, it doesn't mean that they will exclusively hire from them only.
Otherwise they will be filled with green (inexperienced) First Officers.

Airlines tend to hire from a wide cross-section of applicants from different backgrounds to alleviate the pressure on wages as long as you have what they need.

Trying to link them to the airlines is totally useless. Ring the airline directly and ask them if you can be considered to apply if you have an A320 TR then get it from the horse's mouth. This is the safest option as the TRTOs will not decide for the the airline who gets hired eventually. They can only pass or fail you in your training.

The fact that even if Indigo says that they will hire only from SimCenter or CAE, don't be fooled into thinking that just because they have an agreement with the airline to hire graduates doesn't necessarily mean that the airline will hire every single candidate. As I've said at the outset, it all comes down to you how you perform during crunch time.

Only people on airline cadet schemes can safely say that they are the airline's priority but even that is no guarantee that a right seat job is waiting for them at the end of it. Going through these TRTO doesn't mean you are one.

Go and submit your application and see what they say. How are you suppose to know that their quota of pilots has not already been filled by pilots with 500+ hours on A320s already ? And here you are spending money on a type rating that might never be used.

If anyone has seen what I've written - at least 1,000 hrs total time and even at that you will be spending 33k.

Please don't get me wrong, I'm not saying this to discourage anyone but to save you from a possible disappointment and worse a huge loan with no job.

Goodluck everyone

D6

Last edited by DeltaSix; 7th May 2007 at 21:48.