PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hiring an instructor to come to me ?? ( PPL )
Old 7th May 2007, 11:25
thirtysomething

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hiring an instructor to come to me ?? ( PPL )

Hi,

For a variety of reasons , most prominently of which is running my own business taking a few weeks out to travel abroad ( from Madrid Spain ) to do a PPL isnt really viable. I did look at fly in Spain , but the email response from them was very off putting ( one line answers eventually etc. ) ..

It occured to me that the Spanish school just outside Madrid ( whom i have business and personal ties with ) has a fleet of 152īs and 172s and initial conversations with them tell me they would be happy for me to bring my own instructor to Madrid for me to do my PPL. ( I could possible get 2 / 3 more people to do it with me ) . The main problem is there isnt an instructor here who can do the flying with me who speaks English.

Whilst my view is i accept simplistic , this post is the first point of research. Is it in your view legally possible to fly in / put up accomodation wise and pay a UK instructor to teach me / us here in Madrid. Putting aside cost ( which would be a factor obviously but not the main one ).

Any thoughts from professionals in the know would be appreciated ..is it possible to bark up this tree ?

David