PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe anyone?
Thread: Flybe anyone?
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2007, 10:00
BusterHot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So 5 on 2 off?

Yep, 5 on 2 off and then after 2 or 3 of those they throw in a 6 on 2 off (or if you're lucky 3), to try and rotate the days off.

Does this vary at all?

Sometimes you only work 4 but any variation from 5 or 6 is usually because of requested days off. Things vary a bit depending on what base you're at and there's a bit of variation during the winter. However, at my base the last winter was pretty much like last summer, ie, we were all working out tit$ off.

Are they 5 sector days or can you get some days that are just an out and back with the afternoon off?

Usually 4 sector days, 5 is usually associated with going around the Ch Is. 6 sectors are still about, mainly from Belfast I believe. Occasionally you'll get a 2 sector day followed by a couple of hours on Apt Stby.

Mostly we start on early's (0530 earliest [6 am after a day off{!!}]) which rolls over to finish on late's (last landing about 2200 ish). Since the new scheduling agreement came in I've heard of a few people starting later than that and finishing a lot earlier before their days off, but I'm not sure how common that is or if they've just lucked in.

Most early's land back finally between 1230 and 1400 and late reports tend to be 1300 onwards with latest report for a 2 sector being about 1630.

What is the request system like?

Well you can request days off but that's about it!

What is the jumpseat policy(wives etc).

Wives, forget it. The only people allowed reflect the DoT policy since 11 Sep 2001 which limits people on the JS to staff who need to be there or for positioning when there's no space available, etc. Friends, relatives and other Airline guys in need of a ride, no chance.

What routes does the Q400 do?

Look on the Flybe web site. Basically everything bar Spain. There are lots of routes from BHX and MAN which are the old BA Connect routes which are still being served by the Emb 145, but basically the Q400 does UK, France, Ireland, AMS and a few destinations in Germany.

How long to get back to a jet?

As a FO, maybe a year to 18 months. Then you go back to the Q400 for a command. No DEC on the E195.

Progression from the Q400 to the E195 is in strict order of seniority. There won't be many 195's around until mid to late next year by which time everyone will be bidding for them with the same chance of success. So for q400 DEC's expect to wait a very long time esp as the list goes down to nearly 700.

Early starts and late finishes, what are the worst trips?

Can't really say. All of them if you hate early's!!

Any 3AM reports?

No. Earliest for a flight is 0530. You might find yourself in the sim at that hour however, but the earliest report for that is usually 0530 to go in at 0700.

It's still too early to tell how the revised scheduling agreement is working out. However, the generaly feeling so far is that stability has improved. However, it's still early May - lets wait and see what it's like in July and August.

Hope that helps. I'm sure there are other angles on this from people at different bases.