PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan to the Skies.
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2007, 08:28
oldlag53

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As to Area 51’s website announcements on types considered for Permits to fly, they have their view based on experience
I have nothing to do with Area 51, but surely the fact that their statement is based on experience makes it more relevant??

the CAA approval for the project is not Tacit in nature but confirmed and given that all the required criteria are met a permit to fly will be issued when required.
What utter rubbish - you clearly have never had any dealings with the CAA - their approval is neither tacit nor confirmed. There will be strict written criteria set down, which the project will have to pass to the letter, and then, only then, will any approval be forthcoming.

types like the Buccaneer, Shackleton or even the lightning all of which could be returned to flight status given the right organisational and financial support.
Missed my point entirely - the Buccaneer and Lightning HAVE been returned to flight status, but are NOT approved to fly in the UK. I believe both examples fly in South Africa.