PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAM & Dom/Reg FAAA
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2007, 01:32
ditzyboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
flitegirl -
Please do not take this the wrong way. My flight with AO DRW-SIN was one of the best examples of service I have witnessed on an aircraft. From the entire crew - not just one or two. However, I must concur with the others. I believe your situation is more to do with business and publicity than anything else.

I have come to learn that compliments and praise in the Qantas Group serve only one purpose and it is not for recognition or reward of employees.

Using your mentality the group of Cabin Crew formally known as Impulse should have got a better deal than Jetstar domestic.

Decisions made by management serve only themselves and the business. This is reflected in the way your base options are considered before actioning existing SH base transfers, for instance.

I realise you are not 'on a high horse' and you are just, understandably, proud of the effort made by yourself and your colleagues. But do not be so quick to advertise the fact. You are entering a much larger and complex operation where long-serving, loyal employees have been dealt less favourable cards. (The Perth LH base is another example.) This on top of rostering issues the MAM/permanent saga etc etc. I am sure you get my point.

Congratulations and well done on your offer of employment. I am sure AO crew will refresh things at SH for the better. But 300 cabin crew walking in boasting about their achievments and perhaps (some) complaining about seniority and bases can upset an already unstable applecart.