PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EMIRATES - Wannabees & Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2007, 21:09
isisnra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
English requirements

Hey marialexandra .. I've been through all the recruitment rounds and still waiting for my reply. I'm getting into the 4th week of "the wait".

Anyway... with regards to the English requirements, what i did gather from being through the recruitment process is that you don't have to be extremely fluent in the language, but you do need to be comfortable using it. As long as you can speak clearly and without too much hesitation you should be fine. However, they do conduct an English test somewhere after the first discussion group cut and the test will require you to have a good understanding of English, specifically comprehension and the meanings of words. For example, they'll ask you to read a sign with instructions and then mark what it means to say. As long as you can manage all that you should be fine. In the meantime I suggest taking an English course if you do have the time (the ones at British council are pretty good). It will help improve your English and up your confidence with using it.