PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DirectX / Graphics Card issues
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2007, 13:07
gearontheglide

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DirectX / Graphics Card issues

Over the last couple of months, Junior Glide has bought/downloaded and installed some games. Specifically: World of Warcraft, Counter Strike and Delta Force. They all load and register ok but we have problems with all 3 when we try to run them. The latest, World of Warcraft, came up with a mesage that it could not start up 3D acceleration and to check that we had Directx9.0c and up to date video drivers installed. This I have done but with no success. What more can I do? I had a quick PPrune search and followed previous posts regarding updating drivers but am still stuck.
I have a NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX400 card with the latest driver dated 22/10/06. I also have the latest DirectX 9.0 installed (checked today). I ran the DirectX diagnostic tool on windows and when I tested the 3D acceleration it came up with the following:

"Test failed at step 8(creating 3D device): HRESULT = 0x8877602eb (error code)"

Any / all help gratefully accepted because I now have an even more than normally stroppy and sullen teenage son to deal with !!!

thanks in advance

gear

PS, I have just noticed that all my windows 3D screen savers are not available. I did have major Trojan Horse issues and had a major clean up session after Junior Glidette downloaded a dodgy file some 6 months ago. Might they be related?

Last edited by gearontheglide; 6th May 2007 at 13:21. Reason: New info found