PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Would you join EK if you could turn the clock back?
Old 6th May 2007, 12:09
yoyonow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes........ Having been amused and frustrated by some of the ramblings in this thread, my reasons for being content follow:

IMHO we are all running away from something, no one has a blissful life at home and one day decides to leave and relocate to the desert. I arrived looking to improve my job, lifestyle and income. All have been achieved in the first 5 years.

Yes it is only 5 years and my friends who have been here considerably longer, those that have not already left, are mostly looking for a way out. T&Cs have been reduced and far more importantly they have seen their lifestyle decline.

The roads are a death trap and will remain so despite a reduction in traffic jams as the new infrastructure comes on line.

With regard to the 1000 hour debate, sadly I expect that it may well be used as a target by the schedulers. However, that is irrelevant as a professional pilot I will work for the company to the best of my ability. If I deem that I am unable to work safely due to fatigue or any other reason then I will not go to work if I have done 500 hours or 1000.

The business has changed considerably over the last decade. My lifestyle and income could not be matched at home. That said, this will never be home and when I feel that the balance has changed I will look for something else. Unlike some on this thread, I do not mean to patronise or imbue others with having a less valuable viewpoint because of there country of birth. Residing in Dubai and working for EK is a personal choice. A choice that I am happy with at the moment.