PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANSTON -2
Thread: MANSTON -2
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2007, 10:15
Jes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TDC and other points

Yes, unfortunately the Conservatives held Thanet. However, their lack of a manifesto means there is no commitment to policy for the airport, but they are generally supportive of development. Also, four years till the next election means there is plenty of time for rants about alleged noise and pollution to die down.

Turning to freight performance, I have been concerned about the switch of MKA128 on Sundays to Ostend, and of course MKA117, which ran on Mondays from Manston to Lagos for a few months, has now reverted to Ostend. I've been told by an employee that MK loads per flight are up, so perhaps the total tonnage has not declined too much. Also, last week there were two MK flights direct to Accra. Is this a new flow or a one-off?

Can any of our fire chiefs help? How is MK throughput going?

Meanwhile, the confidential rumours rumble on. I know of one passenger and two freight prospects that are being worked on. Not next week, or the week after, but they are seriously worthwhile and will take a lot of preparation.

BTW, it was the previous owners of Prestwick that developed its relationship with Ryanair. I think Infratil have found it to be a bit of a problem.