PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAK Airways Threads Merged
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2007, 07:28
737BBJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Asia757,

It is hard to believe that the UAE GCAA would have any objections to Post Holders not holding a UAE passport. Would you care to give us more on where you got that information.

To other people,

Are they operating or are they not

EGGW,

A mate of mine was head hunted by RAK, has been down here twice. The first time he was offered CP position, was not interested after seeing this mickey mouse operation. Seems they are hiring trainers on the cheap, i wish all you lot, that have been hired good luck. Them Indians are now in charge...
The 757 is parked up with a shagged thrust reverser, plus other things by the sounds of it.
About trainers on the cheap-----are you referring to cockpit or cabin trainers, or both? We know that the CEO comes from India, but reading your post I think you say more people from India have moved into the office. In itself; nothing wrong with that. They will be cheaper to keep for the investors. Nothing wrong with that either as long as they are professional aviation people.

Hamra and RAK stumbled through the AOC process for more months than normal. Finally they hired a Post Holder Flight Operation (VP Flight Operation in that company ) from Scandinavia with the right experience for the task, and whoops, AOC back in Ras Al Khaimah. But I guess both he and the Head Of Training were too expensive to keep. Or may be they were too demanding when it came to questions about what is needed to run a pro airline operation

If that outfit still sits on ground, I bet we are all going to read about a new CEO in the near future. Hopefully this time they will get it right.

Last edited by 737BBJ; 6th May 2007 at 07:44.