PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod Information
View Single Post
Old 5th May 2007, 21:00
Laboratoryqueen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I will always have confidence in those who work with the Nims and especially in those at ISK, albeit I have no confidence in the government. I am wholly confident in myself that all relevant checks were made before XV230's final flight not only by the ground crew but also by crew 3 themselves. I have spoken to a majority of those involved and have met some of them too, I get my confidence from people such as them.

I don't claim to know or understand the principles of the firewalls or anything else to do with major safety on board, but I do know that what the guys can feasibly do with what they have now is being done to try and prevent this tragic fate happening to anyone else.

I have had a vast amount of support from those concerned with XV230 and from many others, I've formed strong friendships with many at ISK, and they have helped me come to some form of understanding and acceptance.

I know there are problems but I do not wish to speculate on what problems could have caused the deaths of 14 men, I wish to wait for the BOI report to be given and then, and only then will I be able to look for the answers to the many questions I have as to why this happened, until the BOI report is made there are no answers which can be given, only speculation, and I know how much speculation does hurt and the damage it has done. Too many details have been leaked into the press, which never should have, and have caused immense pain and extra suffering, all of which could have been avoided, and so much of that suffering is felt by the children of the crew. Some of the speculation and many of the remarks and quotes made have been ignorant to the feelings of the others involved.

I have seen endless newspapaer reports with false information, full of speculation on what may have been, interviews and quotes, I'm aware that a BBC program is being made to coincide with the release of the BOI report, how can that hold the truth when It's made before the information is released and without the RAF's knowledge of it.

I do know intimately the cost of the lives from this accident, I know the grief and I know the suffering this has caused, I live with it every single day, yet I will still not speculate on what may or may not have happend as I remember that I'm not the only one who lost a great man on board, there were 13 others, and that means 13 other families struggling like I and my family are.

How would you like to hear of details of what might have occured reported in the press, what state the bodies were in, how do you then explain those details to young children. Some of the details were given in strict confidence to the families at the time of the accident and as each fact was leant, and were never to be made public due to the harm it would cause the children.

Speculation does have consequences and so yes, I do have faith in the BOI, even if that just means that then we can ask the relevant questions, and we can be given the truth, and not more of the guess work because then we will at least have the facts to be able to quote to find the answers.