PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kit build P51 mustang
View Single Post
Old 5th May 2007, 19:26
1mlt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking kit build P51

The Titan T51 is SUPPOSED to be a docile airplane and weight was a consideration. It was designed to have a wing load of 12, and a cruise of 150 on small engines. Everything I have been able to find on it says it is a super airplane, and does exactely what Williams designed it to do. The back seat looks a bit cramped though. OK, for the boss to ride in as she is pretty small. I don't know if a guy would fit very well. Granted, I have never seen one, but I find it hard to believe that it is a poorly designed fit and finish kit. Over 100 have been sold. The Legendary P51 is designed to be the Corvette version, whereas the Titan is the Camaro version. They don't compete with each other as the are not the same plane. Even if they do look alike. The Titan flies 150mph the Legendary flies 275mph. The L5151 appears to be a single seat only. Is that correct? The Thunder P51 is no longer in production from what I can tell. There are a few unfinished kits for sale, but this plane is a 300k kit and no support. That Supermarine is a beautiful plane and I bet the GM Isuzu V6 for it would wake up the Titan. Airframe would need a bit of boosting to handle it. I'd make bet it could get to the 225mph cruise range with a little wing and frame help from the factory. Now, if someone would make a 80% scale P51, you could capture the market.