PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - from f/a to pilot?
View Single Post
Old 5th May 2007, 19:10
VHF1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very achievable

Hi All, I happen to know lots of very professional pilots who started out life on the other side of the cockpit door. one got his first job on an A320 as F/O at the age of 46. To any of u who have any ambitions in that direction....just go for it. having exposure to the industry from the business end of things is a great help in several ways, mostly because u know exactly what u are letting yourself in for. a previous subscriber mentioned bank loans. well of course this is possible if u have the correct profile to approach the bank with. I remember doing just that for my MEIR and first type rating and....well its not as simple as one would like to think. I went to Ireland, where a fantastic school has an airline capt as its head of training, he gave me the lowdown on the whats what that noone would ever dare tell u. i managed to complete my entire CPL and a lot of my MEIR without having to borrow for the pleasure, because i was able to do it in my own time and on a budget.

So any of u folks thinking of taking the plunge.....hold ur breath, and just go for it, u have absolutely nothing to loose and everything to gain.

VHF1