PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Mauritius ab-initio program 2006/2007
Old 5th May 2007, 17:17
raviMK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air Mauritius ab-initio program 2006/2007

Dear all..
Thank you dear readers for all your comments,postings and contribution..
Indeed,this year's scheme is over and the potential cadets will very soon fly to 43 for their training..

A usual conventional 25hr assessment is awaiting the candidates and only the very best will be chosen..All the best to the new group..

The company is facing many challenges and financially,it will not recover very soon.Rather,the losses the company went through during the last two years are due to the Chikungunya outbreak,weakening rupee,high inflation and the emergence of low cost carriers for the first time in the Mauritian market..
A new class of up-market competition is coming..More gulf airlines will operate to Mauritius in the coming years..

There is a new team working on new strategies to bring MK back in its leading position..
But till the applications are made and the strategies work out,it will take some time..
I did get many PMs and questions whether the staff will be cut down..Top floor management is kidding around with the media but according to sources,the company is going to evaluate and compress its resources
where necessary..
In fact,there are quite some flashy junior management jobs that were created by politicians and for their supporters..Though technically,they are considered as hard assets..actually..they are soft assets..
and these guys will be the first and the most to go..

As for flight operations and all crew members,nothing to worry as in fact,there will be more vacancies in the near future..MK needs more quality resources and local experties..

The Mauritian government is putting high emphasis on hiring more Mauritians in all positions..Foreign expertise is too expensive..and MK is no exception to pay more..

I guess I have nothing more to say in this 2006/2007 thread now..I am grateful to all my readers around the world who work in MK,support MK and will soon join MK..
The next ab-initio scheme will start by March 2008 and I am looking forward to help more wannabees join in..
Wish you guys and girls all the best and meet all of you onboard..Happy landings..
RaviMK..