PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The "Crew Security" Thread (merged)
View Single Post
Old 5th May 2007, 13:52
AlexL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Brain Fade
For aircrew, however, the sole purpose of contact with 'security' is to give the crew member whose family are being held hostage, a chance to express their concerns unobtrusively to someone who is in a position to help.
What complete ballcocks.
firstly these minimum wage muppets in 'security' are in no postion to 'help' if anything real actually happened. For that you need the police, specifically the anti-terrorist mob or special branch.
Secondly this thin excuse is often wheeled out to justify the treatment that aircrew get. even the terrorist planners know that kidnapping a pilots family is a non starter. These are not rational 'sensible' bank robbers, these are murderous fanatical people, and cannot be trusted to keep their word.
Plus coercing someone to kill 200 people is a tad different to coercing them to steal a couple of million quid of their employers dosh that is insured and traceable anyway.
Anyway If that ever happened to me (i don't consider it even a slim threat, as I KNOW it will never happen) I would phone the police the minute I was out the front door.
next stupid excuse for this treatment?
anyone?