View Single Post
Old 5th May 2007, 10:56
AfroArabianDoll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Medicals:Pap Smear

To HostieHoney

Hello again!

Thanks for the congrats!

About the pap smear, truthfully I cannot tell if it is normal for airlines to request such a medical examination because EK is the first airline I have ever applied for. I was kind of surprised when I read in my medical forms that I have to go for one. I believe the reason for this is they want to be aware of any irregularities you may have beforehand as they provide full medical insurance for FA's. Never having taken one of those, I just took it as a suggestion because I should be regularly checking anyways.

The pap smear determines if you have any abnormal cells which may lead to cervical cancer, right? Well at least thats what my research and doctor told me, so I guess its no harm. Both ways, I hope this helped.
Im not sure of males have to provide a result from prostate exams, but i will inquire about that from a male applicant on this forum who has made it through the selection process as well.

Dont let that put you off though darling, its just for their medical doctors information and your medical insurance.

If u need any other questions answered that I can help u with, feel free to PM me!

Update on my process: I called them 2 days ago and asked what was up with my meds, they checked and asked me to resend my dental records cuz they had not received it, probably got lost somewhere in their pile of papers, i can only imagine how humungus that pile must be!

Cheers and good luck to all,
AfroArabianDoll,
13days to go!