PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - kenya airlines 737-800 missing
View Single Post
Old 5th May 2007, 10:14
helldog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very sad day. My heart goes out to all the family members. From someone who lost a family member recently I know how sick this makes you.
I used to fly into Douala everyday almost. I notice that someone said it crashed south of Kribi thats a fair way south although I guess a jet trying to get around a storm could get there in maybe 10-15 min. This is totaly possible, as was stated there is no radar there. So when you request a diversion they just give it to you and then they dont have a means to follow you, except maybe to ask to report back on track. There is very little traffic to the south east of Douala, the crew would have know this and knew they would be safe to manouver in the area, please note that this is just a thought as to why they MAY have been off track.
Anyway all we can hope now is that someone may have survived, remember Japan Airlines 747 on little girl made it. Our thoughts should be with the families right now because they will all be praying that their loved one is the miracle surrvivor in this one.