PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Resignations
Thread: EK Resignations
View Single Post
Old 5th May 2007, 04:47
Ghostflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The UAE Report is factually correct but has little effect on most peoples lives here. Ok I can't get pregnant but I am actually quite pleased that I don't have to watch tonsil hockey games at the beach. Shows what a saddo I have become.

Its an Islamic country with Islamic laws which many people, including locals, regularly break in their own homes without any comeback just like in the rest of the world. Having a Boy/Girlfriend, holding hands etc is not a problem. Getting pi$$ed and shagging someone on the dancefloor in Rock Bottoms is more likely to be noticed.

Lets face it Dubai is to most people a pretty open society and gets more so as they try to attract tourists from around the world. The Sheiks don't want you doing it on the doorstep but 'out of sight, out of mind'.

Most people that resign leave because the company has pissed them off or the people/drivers but not the police and government. The most likely reason I will leave is to do with kids education and job opportunities not sharia law.