PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - APA Bid fails to get 50% (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 5th May 2007, 00:52
galleyslag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well there is an 11th hour discussions going on at the moment, so it ain't over.
Would this be a legal take over, after the deadline?
Of course it would be. Why? Because the Liberal government endorsed the take over in the first place, why wouldn't they let this happen?
Just like the liberal government through workchoices made legisaltion to support their mates in big business make a bigger$$$ at the expense of working Australians.
Now as an unskilled worker I must ask, why is this allowed to happen?
If this deal does not go through, I believe the right thing to do would be to spend their bonus allocation on putting back frontline staff. More groundstaff, MAAS agents, cabin crew and pilots, call centre staff, reservations.... All this company has done it take away from the customer, to then sell off the company to APA?
Whose fault is it? Each department at q is run like its own business, accountable to know one, 'as long as t is not in my budget'. Are management aware of the level of disengagement? Staff and customers?
Or do they actually believe the 'spin' that comes from surveys when portrayed in a 'positive light'.