PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Epaulette Etiquette
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2007, 20:32
ManaAdaSystem

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's been a while since I bothered to even think about removing my bars. When I made the left seat, they gave me these huge, shiny bars, and I almost went outside and rolled around in the dirt just to make them look little less conspicuous. When the shine finally faded (yes, both ways), my CP made me put on new ones. Back to square one.
I put my uniform on when I go to work. I wear it when I work. If, on the way home I have to divert for (grocery) supplies, I wear it in the shop as well. Not because it gives me a hard on, but because I couldn't care less. My uniform is not offensive to the general public, is it?
I wear it when I position as well. I normally wear a jacket, so they know who I am from the beginning. I don't like it, whenever there is a delay I feel as if all the pax are blaming me. Don't bother me, please. Don't ask me questions. Yes, I know the other airline is much better. No, airliners don't fall like bricks if both engines stop. Yes, the landing was horrible. No, pilots are not usually drunk when they fly.
I would feel like an idiot if I wore any part of my uniform to a bar, but I've seen other crewmembers pocket the bars and head straight for the beer taps. I fully understand that, after all 10 minutes to closing is 10 minutes to closing.