PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe/Bacon - 4
Thread: Flybe/Bacon - 4
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2007, 17:10
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flybe at BHX

I have not flown flybe since December but I and others have been monitoring their pax and performance at BHX.

I thought they would get slaughtered where there is competition on the ex BA routes but in fact it seems that this has not been the case. Load factors seem to holding up on the Scottish services if not improved and Baby although doing okay have not wiped the floor with them.

Performance had got better although I noticed earlier today it has started to creak again but even as one of their critics I assume that this will be sorted in a few months (before too many passengers go elsewhere).

As for Milan in the future, it is simple, the 195 or nothing and although I can't dispute the loss in money stated by "uncovered", I have to ask what is meant by an "empty aircraft"?

I monitor the BHX CAA stats every month and since BACON was founded
I believe the Milan has only averaged under 30 pax per flight twice and often nearer 40 on a 49 seat Embraer. Possibly still a heavy loss due BA overheads but not empty planes. The night-stopper was cancelled a while back and that was a poor performer pax wise but not the two day-time flights.

I also remember flybe operating Bergamo with 85-95% load factors one summer and it never came back. Hopefully they will stick with Milan, Frankfurt, Stuttgart and don't even get me started about Lyon!

Pete