PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe/Bacon - 4
Thread: Flybe/Bacon - 4
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2007, 08:38
CheekyVisual

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MC - I'm sorry you feel that way about us. I do admit with so many iminant departures there is a bit of an "end of term" feel around the crew rooms these days. If that's rubbed you up the wrong way I'm sorry. But please remember a lot of us have worked together for a long time and now we're all going our seperate ways. A bit of extra "catching up" is inevitable. Please don't see that as foot dragging or lack of professionalism. I appreciate it may be irritating to keep hearing "How long have you got left ?". BUT don't let that make you believe we are trying to bring down Fly Be on the way out of the door. I think the change over to black and gold in June will help ease the divide.

Try not to become hell bent on blaming everything that is wrong with the current Fly Be operation on anything and anyone ex-BACON. That is exactly what the management want. Divide and rule ! Keep the two workforces at odds with each other and get through whatever you want in decline of Ts & Cs - and blame the expensive, prima dona ex BA type people for all the ills of the world.

There is frustration within the x-BACON ranks but this is not because we think we are any better than anyone who has worked for Fly Be for years but because just coming to work these days seems to involve running battles with everyone to achieve any kind of service. I've just finished a 6 day week of long 4 sector days. BUT every day I worked I did my absolute best to provide the best service I could for Fly Be and my passengers - and that went for the rest of the crew as well. The only heel dragging I've whitnessed is the speed at which passengers appear at the side of the aircraft and that isn't my fault or any of the crews !

Unlike some x-bacon I don't hold anyone at Fly Be responsible for anything. Our personal situation is entirely the fault of BA. I'm off to pastures new, which I know won't be any greener (just better paid!), but I do wish Fly Be every success and hope their move works out for them cos lots of my former colleagues are relying on it.

Good luck to everyone whever you're heading.