PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA Cadet Pilot - All Batches, Merged
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2007, 03:08
AC Schnitzer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi there Speedy,

Good to hear from you !

My Australia College or Yr 12 equivalent consist of management, marketing and accounting units but no science.

I did read the fine print in addition and I've checked out the necessary information for me to obtain O levels. To retake O levels, I will need to do a 1 year course in Singapore which is quite a commitment. Thats why I was wondering if anyone has a similar situation and has managed to get through with other higher qualification.

My next course of action would be to try to get in contact with SIA recruiting department and see if my degree is sufficient.

Having read the previous threads where several members have indicated that SIA is using a computerised system, it would be highly unlikely that I have a chance since screening is systematic.

Worst case senario for me would be to redo my O levels in Singapore when I graduate in Perth. The course will take 1 year. It is a bit of a joke that a degree student is re-taking his O levels but if thats what SIA wants than thats what I will do in order to achieve my goal.

By the way I wish you the best of luck in your coming May 10th Interview. You made it through the air force ones so this should be a cruise for you. I'll be waiting to hear good news from you. All the Best !