PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rex; Pilot Exodus
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2007, 01:37
PennyBenjamin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

From the top, you seem to under-rate your own/ rex's pilot's worth. An FO has to do significant amounts of overnights to earn 50 grand, and year duty time may be less than 38 hours but what about time spent in bum pluck towns like Mt Gambier or Griffith.
How about crew meals, what time is considered free of duty? When does a Sydney or Melbourne crew have time to get to a shop?
UM's? Trims? Pax marshalling? Cleaning? where does it all end?

If you think these conditions are acceptable then you are out of touch with market expectations. And the standard response is the aircraft weighs this much and the dash weighs this much so bla bla. Ok then well multiple the weight of a Chieftan by 4 and their drivers salery (45K) by 4 then it comes to 180K - weight my arse!

The problem lies in the well known lack of solidarity amoungst the pilot group and the unwillingness of the PC to do anything about it.

I'm glad your happy with the wages, some of us have families. I am constantly saying 'money's too tight for steak' i wonder if Kim Jon Ill is saying the same in his villa in Singapore.