PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Services In Chaos
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2007, 00:06
KRUSTY 34

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
coral's right Buzzy,

The supply and demand cycle is most definitely tilting in the favour of pilots. OK, tell us something we don't know you may say, but we may be seeing a swing back to aircrew that we have not seen in more than a generation.

The time is right to raise the benchmark. Management know this. They have been cosy in the fact that for years pilots have grown on trees and are probably finding it difficult to come to terms with the emerging reality.

Well it works both ways, it just doesn't come around very often. Now that It has, we owe it to ourselves to sieze the oportunity to improve the lot of our familes and our profession.

I recently crunched the numbers on what it would cost to give our pilot group a 40% payrise. Some may say that's outrageous, but I say it is 20 years overdue. What I arrived at was $4.30 a ticket!!!

Don't let them tell you it will send the company broke, the reality is that they will fight tooth and nail to keep T&C's down, so they may once again use it against us in the future.