PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Internal Attitude Survey
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2007, 16:04
Olly O'Leg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And this is nothing new - it says something about PVR rates when I joined my first sqn in 2002, it was referred to as "Jurassic Park" and in 2 years, we were nearly 70% diluted. I remember on one of my interviews, we were told "Right, you're middle management `cos there's no-one else" and so 4 first-tourists, each with only 2 years on the front-line, took up the mantle. When I left, apart from the sqn QFI and execs, I was the most senior pilot. And that was a similar occurrence on the other sqns in the fleet.

Of course not measuring PVR rates past the pension point is not an indicator of experience, which is what we're starting to lack. When I left the sqn, we had enough knowledge from the experienced guys to pass down, but now it's that knowledge that, in the subsequent years, has now diluted and is still being passed down. Of course I understand that experience is regained on work-ups and detachments.

Something wrong with the stats peeps, if you ask me.

There was a thread a while ago that related to the sexual discrimination questionnaire that went around - some people who seemed to be in the know suggested that if you over-stepped the mark in these surveys, then the proverbial would fall from above. Any experiences of come-back from these questionnaires?